Life's a beach

Saturday, February 27, 2016

I've been fortunate enough to have been invited to a lot of university interviews over the past month and talking to other fashion students and seeing the work that they've done has inspired me to create fashion content outside of college. To simply find inspiration in a setting or a garment and create a series of looks without a set brief.


This is the first in a series of work I'll be posting on here that I did with that frame of mind. Creating for the sake of creation. What may seem like a grey and gloomy beach to some, provided me with the idea of a less traditional beach shoot featuring aran and cable knit jumpers and much darker make up. I also created a faux side shave in my  beautiful models hair. Using a combination of braids and hair ring accessories I feel like it gave the outfits, again, that darker and edgier feel.

I probably concentrated more on the overall feel of the lookbook rather than the individual styling as this was my first time behind the camera, so I played around with image composition and camera angles etc. I'm happy with the overall outcome but I'm looking forward to focusing more on the fashion in my next series.



Hair rings - ASOS / Earrings - ASOS
 



Lipstick - MAC Cosmetics (Film Noir)

Jumper - Primark 'men' section
Mugs - Poundland
Jumper - Primark, 'men' section
Rings - (Assorted) ASOS
Jeans - Topshop / Jeans - Topman

                                 

Shoes - Primark 'men' section / Shoes - Vagabond






You Might Also Like

0 comments

Follow me on Bloglovin'

Follow

Follow me on Twitter

Follow me on Tumblr