Armani Privé SS16

Saturday, February 06, 2016

I'm a bit late to the party posting about Paris Fashion Week but with images from the shows still flooding my social media, posts about the collections that were shown are still as relevant as ever. Armani Privé is a brand that doesn't normally make it onto my radar and is more of a filler between the shows I look forward to such as Hermés, Maison Rabih Kayrouz and Saint Laurent (what can I say? I like what I like) but the PFW images from the collection sparked an interest for the brand within me.

Featuring a cool toned palette of silvery lilacs, the collection appeared to me to have drawn inspiration from the 1920s woman. Dresses showcased a lower waist and necklines were either wide and scooped or a simple v. Heavily embellished materials, chiffons, lamés and light silks were used throughout the collection. Stylists pulled the looks together by creating finger waves on black haired models. They seemed every bit the image of a classic Frances Marion 1920s flapper girl. This theme was not lost when it came to accessories. The feature of which, for me, were the contrasting light-toned, round sunglasses. Clutch bags were either boxy and rigid or made of a softer material, both were again, heavily embellished.

In terms of makeup; porcelain skin had a matte finish, with slightly flushed cheeks and a just-bitten lip colour. There was modern and fresh take on the 1920s cut crease look, using a precise line of black eyeliner to follow the natural hollow of the eye socket.

My only criticism would be that it was disappointing to see lack of diversity on, yet another, Fashion Week catwalk. With only three models of colour walking the show, it further highlighted the issue of diversity within the fashion industry and more specifically, surrounding couture.







































These images are not my own and have been sourced from Vogue US

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Follow me on Bloglovin'

Follow

Follow me on Twitter

Follow me on Tumblr