Yves Saint Laurent: Style is Eternal

Saturday, January 02, 2016

Yves Saint Laurent is one of my favorite fashion designers, the skinny French aesthetic is something that has always appealed to me and the brand reworks this look time and time again. So when I found out that the first exhibition in the United Kingdom for the fashion house was finally going to be open to the public, and that it was in the North East none the less, I was in my element.

The exhibition highlighted the defining elements of Saint Laurent's vision and the influence that has had on fashion and the way we understand womenswear. By making use of male dress codes, the designer brought women a sense of social empowerment whilst retaining their femininity.

The exhibition also showcased fifty iconic garments from the designers various couture collections, including pieces from the Russian collection, the 'Mondrian dresses' and 'The Tuxedo'.




















You Might Also Like

0 comments

Follow me on Bloglovin'

Follow

Follow me on Twitter

Follow me on Tumblr